Friday 30 November 2007

Banana Balls or Jemput Jemput Pisang or Cekodok Pisang


The hubby had a craving for banana balls... and I had over-ripe bananas with a wish to be made into anything other than banana cake or remaining a fruit. So after a thorough search online for banana balls, I finally found it in Mama Fa Mi's fotopages.

I've modified her recipe a little, especially since the bananas I had were very sweet and the amount was way more than her 3 ripe bananas. That said, this is really a recipe for the impatient cook - it takes less than 5 minutes to get the preparation done and all it takes is to fry up the banana balls.


Ingredients:
350g ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp milk powder
3/4 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
Oil for frying

Method:
1. Sift flour, baking powder and milk powder.
2. Mix the mashed banana, sugar and salt well.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mix. Make sure that the overall mixture is neither too dry nor too wet.


4. Heat the oil and drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into it. Once the batter balloons and turns a golden brown, scoop it up and drain it well.


5. Enjoy!


It's a heavenly taste - wonderful bite of banana, soft, yet chewy in texture. And it I mention that it's so simple to make? *g*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Your bakes look really really yummy! Anyway, I will be raising funds for my cca at the beginning of next year because we intend to set up a mini-scale scientific library (I’m from National Junior College by the way); so I was wondering if you’d be willing to sponsor some of your bakes for us to sell and raise funds so that the library can come to fruition (: Every little contribution will be greatly greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or should you require further clarification at laiyanlingcatherine@hotmail.com or 90273206.

Looking forward to your reply!


<3
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Can I omit milk powder since I've got none at home?

Anonymous said...

I tried it out with stale bananas, ground 'em up in a blender with sugar and salt, added flour to double the volume of the paste, omitted baking powder and milk and am now sitting in front of a plate of lovely jemput pisang!